Yay for the weekend! This is one of my favorite salads from www.fitfoodiefinds.com. I think the original name for this recipe is “Balsamic Autumn Salad,” however I think it’s a great one for anytime of the year! It may not be the prettiest dish ever, but don’t let that fool you!!!! Give it a try!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. -Jessica 🙂
– 1 lb. green beans
– 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks
-1 large apple, cut into chunks -1T olive oil
-1/4C sunflower seeds
-1/4C balsamic vinegar
– 1t salt
Option: 1/4-1/2 C Raisins
1. In a medium/large pot, submergegreen beans in water and bring it to a rolling boil. Boil for 10-12 minutes or until your beans soften. Strain. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, saute sweet potato and apple in 1T olive oil.
3. In a medium sized bowl, create your dressing. Mix together honey, salt, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary.
4. Next, in a large bowl, mix together cooked green beans, apple, and sweet potato. Then poor on dressing and toss.
5. Finally, mix in sunflower seeds (and raisins) and chill in the refrigerator. Eat cold.